Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||It Didn't Matter
Mixed By – The Valentine BrothersWritten-By – Talbot*, Weller*
|A2||Right To Go
Mixed By – JezarPercussion – Steve Sidelynk*Vocals [Rappin] – The Dynamic Three*Written-By – Weller*, The Dynamic Three*
Bass Guitar – Camelle HindsCongas – Steve SidelnykMixed By – Matthew KashaSaxophone – Billy ChapmanViolin, Soloist – Anne StephensonWritten-By – Weller*
Congas, Percussion – Steve SidelnykMixed By – Curtis MayfieldTrombone – Ashley Slater, Chris Lawrence, Pete ThamsTrumpet – Guy Barker, Luke Tunney, Roddy LorimerWritten-By – Weller*
Bass Guitar – Camelle HindsMixed By – The Valentine BrothersWritten-By – Morten*, Griffen*, Sully*
|B2||Walking The Night
Backing Vocals – John Valentine Bass Guitar – Camelle HindsFlugelhorn [Solo] – Guy BarkerMixed By – Carl BeattyTrombone – Ashley Slater, Chris Lawrence, Pete ThamsTrumpet, Flugelhorn – Guy Barker, Luke Tunney, Roddy LorimerWritten-By – Talbot*, Weller*
Mixed By – John Valentine Written-By – Weller*
|B4||The Cost Of Loving
Mixed By – Alan LeemingWritten-By – Weller*
|B5||A Woman's Song
Written-By – Weller*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Polydor Ltd. (London)
- Copyright (c) – Polydor Ltd. (London)
- Recorded At – Solid Bond Studios
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Stylist Music Ltd.
- Published By – Zomba Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Tembo Music Ltd.
- Lacquer Cut At – PDO, Germany
- Pressed By – PDO, Germany
- Printed By – PRS Hannover
- Manufactured For – PolyGram
- Design – Simon Halfon, The Style Council
- Drums, Percussion – Steve White
- Engineer – Alan Leeming
- Engineer, Sequenced By – Jezar
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Dee C. Lee
- Liner Notes – The Cappuccino Kid
- Orchestrated By – John Mealing
- Other [Make Up] – Lynne Easton
- Photography By – Nick Knight
- Piano [Piano Forte], Organ [Hammond], Synthesizer, Synthesizer [Bass], Electric Piano [Wurlitzer, Rhodes] – Mick Talbot
- Producer – Paul Weller
- Synthesizer, Drum Programming, Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Guitar – Paul Weller
Notes℗ & © 1987 Polydor Ltd. (London).
Made in West Germany by PDO for Polygram.
Original Sound Recording made by Polydor Ltd (London).
Produced for Solid Bond Productions at Solid Bond Studios, London in May, August and October 1986.
This record is not for sale in South Africa.
There appear some production errors on the tracklist printed on the inner sleeve and back cover. The songs B2 and B3 have been switched, and B5 is not mentioned at all. The tracklist printed on label side B is correct.
A1, A2: EMI Music Pubs Ltd. / Stylist Music Ltd.
A2: - EMI Music Pubs Ltd. /Zomba Music Pubs Ltd.
A2: Stylist Music Ltd.
A3, A4, B3, B4: EMI Music Pubs Ltd.
B1: Tembo Music Ltd.
Issued with a printed inner sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 42283 14431 6
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side A, variant 1): 831 443 - 1 S 1 320 P (P = tilted 90° left) 1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side B, variant 1): 831 443 - 1 S 2 320 (0 = tilted 90° left) 1A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side A, variant 2): 831 443 - 1 S 1 320 1 A
- Matrix / Runout (Runout groove side B, variant 2): 831 443 - 1 S 2 320 1 A
- Label Code: LC 0309
- Rights Society: GEMA
- Other (Distribution code): POL 281
- Other (Boxed code by catalog number): Y
- Other (No ink stamp on back cover): PRS Hannover
|TSCLP 4, 831 525-1||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (2x12", Album, Gat)||Polydor, Polydor||TSCLP 4, 831 525-1||UK||1987|
|TSCLP 4||The Style Council||The Cost of Loving (2x12", Album, Gat)||Polydor||TSCLP 4||Ireland||1987|
|831 443-1||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (LP, Album)||Polydor||831 443-1||Canada||1987|
|831 443-4||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (Cass, Album)||Polydor||831 443-4||Europe||1987|
|5722195||The Style Council||The Cost Of Loving (Cass, Album)||PGP RTB||5722195||Yugoslavia||1987|